Telfast® Decongestant 12 Hour Tablets
For Allergic Rhinitis with Nasal congestion 12 hours extended release tablets.
Get all-day relief from tough allergy and congestion symptoms with Telfast-Decongestant® 12 Hour Tablets.1
Relieve your nasal congestion, sneezing, itchy, watery eyes, itchy nose, and itchy throat — all with Telfast-Decongestant®. Because it relieves many allergy symptoms with one tablet. It contains a decongestant that exerts a decongestant action on the nasal mucosa, helps break up tough nasal congestion.1
That is why allergist recommend oral second-generation/less sedating antihistamines for patients with AR and primary complaints of sneezing and itching.2*
Antihistamine plus effective decongestant.1
Relieves indoor and outdoor seasonal allergic rhinitis symptoms.1
*Among Over-the-Counter oral antihistamines, multi-ingredient allergy and decongestantmedications
WHERE TO BUY
*avoid allergic triggers like pollen grains
Do not divide, crush, chew or dissolve the tablet; swallow tablet whole.1
- If you have ever had an allergic reaction to this product or any of its ingredients.1
- If you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson’s disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.1
- If you have difficulty swallowing.1
- Heart disease.1
- Thyroid disease.1
- High blood pressure.1
- Trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland.1
- Kidney disease. Your doctor should determine if you need a different dose.1
- Do not take more than directed.1
- Do not take at the same time as aluminum or magnesium antacids.1
- Do not take with fruit juices.1
- The tablet coating may be seen in the stool (this is normal). Continue to take as directed.1
- An allergic reaction to this product occurs. Seek medical help right away.1
- You get nervous, dizzy, or sleepless.1
- Safety sealed: do not use if carton is opened or if individual blister units are torn or opened.
- Store at temperature not exceeding 30 C in a dry place.
- Use as directed.
Do not use:
Ask a doctor before use if you have:
When using this product:
Stop use and ask a doctor if:
If pregnant or breastfeeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, Standard measures to remove any unabsorbed drug should be employed. Symptomatic and supportive treatment is recommended.1
*avoid allergic triggers like pets’ dander
Fexofenadine HCl 60 mg (in each tablet)
An antihistamine that works to relieve allergy symptoms of sneezing, runny nose, itchy/watery eyes, and itchy nose or throat due to seasonal allergic rhinitis.1
Pseudoephedrine HCl 120 mg (in each tablet)
A nasal decongestant that helps to relieve nasal congestion, and swelling of nasal passages.1
Purpose: Antihistamine, Nasal decongestant.
Silicon dioxide, croscarmellose sodium, hypromellose, , magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, polyethylene glycol, pregelatinized starch, carnauba wax, stearic acid.1
No. Use Telfast-Decongestant® only as directed.
Telfast-Decongestant® contains pseudoephedrine, a nasal decongestant that exerts decongestant action on the nasal mucosa, its recognized as an effective agent for the relief of nasal congestion due to allergic rhinitis.1
Telfast-Decongestant® should be used as directed according to the product label. Maximum effectiveness has been demonstrated when taken with water. Taking Telfast-Decongestant® with fruit juice may reduce the bioavailability and exposure of fexofenadine.1
No. Telfast® is approved for human use only. Please refer to the product label and use as directed
Understand the difference between seasonal allergies and cold symptoms
Allergies to pets with fur are common. It's often difficult or impossible to eliminate completely your exposure to animal allergens.
Mold and mildew are fungi that lives everywhere. So if you have persistent allergicsymptoms that occur through several seasons, you might be allergic to mold.
Dust mites are tiny organisms that can barely be seen by the naked eye. A dust mite allergy can even trigger asthma and eczema.
Allergy season is different for everyone. That’s because different kinds of outdoor allergens — or irritants — get distributed into the air year-round.
Air pollution is the fourth greatest threat to public health after cancer, heart disease and obesity.
Individuals with persistent allergic rhinitis are more prone to develop respiratory and ocular symptoms after exposure to sudden temperature changes.
Allergies vs Cold: Understand the Difference
Seasonal allergies and the common cold can be so much alike that it's sometimes hard to tell the two apart. But look closely and you can find clues about what's going on.
Hives and skin allergies
Hives (urticaria) are red, itchy welts that result from a skin reaction. The welts vary in size and appear and fade repeatedly as the reaction runs its course
Allergic Rhinitis or Hay Fever, Happens when you breath in something to which you are allergic, and the inside of your nose becomes inflamed and swollen
Adult Indoor Allergies
There’s no place like home … for allergies! Just stepping indoors — at home, work, or school — exposes you to numerous allergens.
Children's Outdoor Allergies
Nearly 5.2 million children under age 18 experience hay fever in the past 12 months and 7.1 million have respiratory allergies
Children's Indoor Allergies
For kids dealing with indoor allergies, Some pollutants may be 2–5-fold more concentrated inside than outside buildings.
Also available in a 24-hour formula (Telfast 120 & 180 mg)
1. Telfast Ministry of Health Approved Leaflet, approval date: 29/11/2018
2. Seidman MD, Gurgel RK, Lin SY, Schwartz SR, Baroody FM, Bonner JR, Dawson DE, Dykewicz MS, Hackell JM, Han JK, Ishman SL. Clinical practice guideline: allergic rhinitis. Otolaryngology–Head and Neck Surgery. 2015 Feb;152(1_suppl):S1-43.
Approved by Egyptian Drug Authority: HF0253OA300/102022. Invalidation date: 20/10/2023. Kindly report any violated online promotional, educational and awareness material not having this message to The General administration for Regulation of Marketing & Advertising Materials at: www.edaegypt.gov.eg