Changes in temperature
Understand how to minimize their effects
What are the causes?
Due to mucosal inflammation, the nasal mucosa of the allergic population has a lower threshold to various stimuli and a diminished capacity to warm and humidify air.1
Temperatures are warm and mild, and then suddenly plunge in an arctic chill. And suddenly lots of people are dealing with runny noses and reaching for pain relievers or other remedies to deal with sinus and allergy problems.2
What are the consequences?
Allergic rhinitis also called hay fever, hay fever is very common.3
Allergic rhinitis (hay fever) is an allergic reaction, if you have hay fever, your immune system thinks the allergen is intruding, The immune system tries to protect your body by releasing natural chemicals into your bloodstream.3
The symptoms of allergic rhinitis, such as sneezing, nasal congestion and irritation of the nose, throat, mouth and eyes.3
How to combat allergy symptoms?
* You have to avoid the allergy trigger like pets’ Dander
Telfast® is here to help
Telfast® helps you live your better life by relieving many common allergy symptoms.4
If you experience sneezing, runny nose, itchy or watery eyes or an itchy nose and throat, nasal congestion, or swelling of nasal passages, Telfast Decongestant can help.5
1. Graudenz GS, Oliveira CH, Tribess A, et al. Sudden temperature changes and respiratory symptoms—An experimental approach. American journal of rhinology. 2007 May;21(3):383-7.
2. Vanderbilt University Medical center, Vanderbilt allergist offers tips to deal with suddenly changing temperatures, Avaialble at: https://news.vumc.org/2015/01/06/vanderbilt-allergist-offers-tips-to-deal-with-suddenly-changing-temperatures/ ,Last accessed:13/4/2022.
3. Ministry of Health, Telfast approved leaflet, approval date 29/11/2018.
4. Ministry of Health, Telfast Decongestant approved leaflet, approval date 9/6/2019.
5. Cauwenberge V, STAR STUDY INVESTIGATING GROUP. Comparison of the efficacy, safety and quality of life provided by fexofenadine hydrochloride 120 mg, loratadine 10 mg and placebo administered once daily for the treatment of seasonal allergic rhinitis. Clinical & Experimental Allergy. 2000 Jun;30(6):891-9.5. Cauwenberge V, STAR STUDY INVESTIGATING GROUP. Comparison of the efficacy, safety and quality of life provided by fexofenadine hydrochloride 120 mg, loratadine 10 mg and placebo administered once daily for the treatment of seasonal allergic rhinitis. Clinical & Experimental Allergy. 2000 Jun;30(6):891-9.
Approved by Egyptian Drug Authority: HF0253OA301/102022. Invalidation date: 18/10/2023. Kindly report any violated online promotional, educational and awareness material not having this message to The General administration for Regulation of Marketing & Advertising Materials at: www.edaegypt.gov.eg